Reducing Google Ads campaign cost by 22% using multiple ad groups.
LiveU is one of the biggest companies offering live streaming solutions. The main challenge in their paid campaigns was to separate B2B queries from B2C ones, since the vocabulary is pretty similar.
One of LiveU‘s main campaigns (general search) included a long list of related keywords and lead to the website homepage.
The average CTR before the optimization was 5.65%
Assumption: Although, all the keywords are industry related, there are more relevant and less relevant one’s. If we will define semantic groups, we will increase the relevance, the quality score and reduce the CPC.
The optimization steps:
1) Keyword research – to refine the list and enrich the groups
2) Competitive analysis – locate hidden potential and “budget eaters”
3) Semantic group’s creation and allocating each keyword to the matching group
4) Creating set of ads for each group to increase the quality score
1) CTR: One of the groups stayed with more or less the same CTR (5.63%), while others have shown a significant difference: 4.05% and 11.5%.
2) Cost: by allocating the budget according to the group performance, we’ve reduced the campaign cost by 22%