Consider your goals as-
A. “allowing” Search Engines to correlate between your brand and SEO chosen keywords – which have been incorporated in your social media properties.
B. Leveraging your fans and followers to generate brand buzz and natural incoming links activity.
Social Media recommended best practice-
1) Useful content, enhance images, media.
2) When writing content- Think about questions! (Read about Google Algo)
3) Add links to your best internal pages of the site.
4) Cross link between all social media properties.
5) Enable sharing, voting from your website’s pages to various social media networks.
6) Incorporate significant SEO keywords in social media names, descriptions, images, posts, notes etc.
7) Use #Hashtags of the brand & related keywords- This allows you to organize content and track discussion topics based on those keywords (supported on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, Instagram)
8) Re-publish blog posts in different social media properties
9) Set activity as “public” to allow search engines to crawl your company’s social page.
10) Identify & remove duplicated listings.